I have a number of measures in place for your safety. Please take some time to read the following information and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Before a lesson:
- If you develop any of the following symptoms, you will need to cancel your appointment – there will be no charge for cancelled appointments due to illness or the need to self-isolate, even at short notice – high temperature or shivering (high temperature means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back); new, continuous cough (coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours); loss or change to your sense of smell or taste; shortness of breath; feeling tired or exhausted; aching body; a headache; sore throat; blocked or runny nose; loss of appetite; diarrhoea; feeling sick or being sick.
During a lesson:
- You may like to wear a face mask. It is your choice and I am very happy to provide you with one of these if you would like one and do not have your own (an FFP2, or a Type IIR face mask provides more protection than a simple face covering). If you choose to wear a face mask, I will do so too.
- Please wash or sanitise your hands on arrival – sanitiser and hand washing facilities are provided.
After a lesson:
If you develop symptoms that may be Covid-related within 48 hours of your appointment please inform me.
- Keep work area well ventilated.
- Monitor myself and my household for any symptoms.
- Carry out daily lateral flow tests when appropriate (sign of any symptoms, or any feeling of being unwell, or suspicion of having been in contact with someone who may be infectious).
- Note that, if I were to get a positive result, or develop any symptoms that may be indicative of Covid-19, I will need to immediately cancel all lessons.
- Ensure I wash or sanitise my hands before a lesson.
- If you wish to wear a face mask, I will also wear one (FFP2 face mask).
- Clean all work areas, bathroom and entrance regularly.
- Monitor and review relevant guidelines (Scottish Government, Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council).
- In line with these guidelines, keep updated my written risk assessment (copy available on request), and my teaching practice.
Note: The dates of the vaccinations I have received against Covid-19 were: March 2021, June 2021, December 2021 and December 2022.
If there is anything that you are at all concerned about either before, during or after your lesson please do let me know so that I can make appropriate changes.
Finally, during the course of the lesson, I will be in close contact with you because of the hands-on nature of teaching the Alexander Technique. Hence, despite meeting very high standards of infection protection control, it is impossible to eliminate all risk of Covid-19 transmission. Please let me know that you have read and understood all the information here, and are happy to proceed with a lesson. By attending Alexander lesson(s) with me, you are agreeing to be personally responsible for any Covid-19-related injury or harm incurred during or as a result of your attendance.