I have a number of measures in place for your safety, as well as for that of my household. You need to be aware of how these changes affect you when you come for a lesson, so please take some time to read the following information and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Before a lesson:
- If you still have free access to lateral flow tests, please test yourself on the day of the lesson
- If you develop any of the following symptoms, you will need to cancel your appointment – there will be no charge for cancelled appointments due to illness or the need to self-isolate, even at short notice – high temperature or shivering (high temperature means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back); new, continuous cough (coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours); loss or change to your sense of smell or taste; shortness of breath; feeling tired or exhausted; aching body; a headache; sore throat; blocked or runny nose; loss of appetite; diarrhoea; feeling sick or being sick
- If you were previously shielding due to a health condition, I recommend that you first seek advice from your GP/hospital consultant/midwife in case they have any concerns, as we will be in close physical contact during hands-on work.
During a lesson:
- I recommend that you wear a face mask (an FFP2, or a Type IIR face mask will provide you with more protection than a simple face covering). I am more than happy to provide you with one of these if you do not have your own.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival and departure (also during the lesson if you touch your face). Sanitiser and hand washing facilities are provided.
After a lesson:
If you develop symptoms that may be Covid-related within 48 hours of your appointment please inform me.
- Monitor and review relevant guidelines from the Scottish Government, Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council).
- In line with these guidelines, keep updated my written risk assessment (copy available on request), and my teaching practice.
- Carry out regular lateral flow tests. Note that, if either myself or my partner were to get a positive result, or develop any symptoms that may be indicative of Covid-19, I will need to immediately cancel all lessons.
- Ensure that there is only one client here at any one time to avoid any overlap.
- Keep work area well ventilated (open window and door, and hepa-filter operating at all times).
- Sanitise all work areas, bathroom and entrance regularly.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (an FFP2 mask) and ensure I sanitise my hands.
- Adapt my usual teaching practice as appropriate to reduce risk of exposure.
Note: I am fully vaccinated against Covid-19, having received my first vaccination in March 2021, my second in June 2021 and the booster in December 2021.
If there is anything that you are at all concerned about either before, during or after your lesson please do let me know so that I can make appropriate changes.
Finally, during the course of the lesson, I will be in close contact with you because of the hands-on nature of teaching the Alexander Technique. Hence, despite meeting very high standards of infection protection control, it is impossible to eliminate all risk of Covid-19 transmission. Please let me know that you have read and understood all the information here, and are happy to proceed with a lesson. By attending Alexander lesson(s) with me, you are agreeing to be personally responsible for any Covid-19-related injury or harm incurred during or as a result of your attendance.
Latest Scottish Government advice and information can be found at: